Prenatal Ultrasounds in The Woodlands, TX
The Women’s Centre for Well Being we is pleased to offer 3-D ultrasound services to our patients. Ultrasounds are ordered by Dr. Eads, and performed by a registered sonographer who works closely with him to ensure you and your baby receives the best care available. We adhere to the highest standards in the industry.
Ultrasounds Are Safe, Non-Invasive Tests Used To:
- Confirm pregnancy and location
- Determine the baby’s growth, age and sex
- Monitor cervical length for preterm labor
- Identifiy possible fetal abnormalities
- Determine the placement of the Placenta and its development
- Blood flow Doppler studies
- Monitor the fetus with a biophysical profile and fetal heart monitor
Ultrasounds Are Typically Done:
- First Trimester — To date the pregnancy, if needed
- Second Trimester — Fetal Anatomic Screening at 18 to 20 weeks of pregnancy
- Third Trimester — An ultrasound may be needed for growth, anatomy, amniotic fluid level or cervical length, to monitor preterm labor
How Should I Prepare For an Ultrasound?
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
- Depending on the type of ultrasound exam you have, you will be asked:
- Not to eat or drink for up to 12 hours before your appointment, or
- Drink up to six glasses of water two hours prior to your exam and avoid urinating. This will ensure a full bladder when the exam begins.
What Should I Expect During the Ultrasound?
The examination usually takes less than 30 minutes. After being positioned on the exam table, a clear gel is applied on the abdomen. This helps the transducer make contact with the skin. The sonographer firmly presses the transducer against the skin and moves it back and forth.
Generally, the technologist is able to review the ultrasound images in real-time or, when the examination is complete and the gel is wiped off, you may be asked to dress and wait while the ultrasound images are reviewed, either on film or monitor.
Most ultrasound exams are painless. The gel applied to your skin may be a bit cold and there may be varying degrees of discomfort and pressure as the technologist guides the transducer over your abdomen.
Schedule a Prenatal Ultrasound at the Women’s Centre for Well Being Today!
If you are expecting, contact the Women’s Centre for Well Being to schedule a prenatal ultrasound. Call today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gregory Eads and our sonographers for a prenatal ultrasound, along with complete prenatal care at his office in Woodlands, TX.